Monday, July 25, 2011

Recent Struggles

Wow. I can't believe how bad I am at keeping up with this blogging thing. It's way too hard.

Anyway,

Recently, I've gotten to this point in my walk with Christ where I've lost passion and communion with Him. I've gotten so caught up in all these ministries that I'm involved in that I've neglected my relationship with Him. It happened before I could realize it. I would worry about what the people that I was serving with would think about me than what God would think about me. I almost didn't want to talk to anyone about this just because of my pride. I didn't want people to think that I was anything less than holy. But isn't that what Christianity is all about? It's about Christ being magnified in my weaknesses.

I finally decided to go to someone about it so they could offer me some support, encouragement, and advice. I chose a very sweet couple in my church who I knew wouldn't sugarcoat the truth. That would tell me what my problem was and help me solve it. And help me they did. I am now studying the Bible with them. Not a Bible study, just straight up studying the Bible. And this helps me a lot. When I go through a Bible study, my reading becomes a way to find an answer to a question, rather than wanting to hear from God. We're currently reading through Philippians.

I can't even explain just how much joy I have now. I'm craving God's word. I'm craving fellowship with believers. I am craving God's glorification. I am so excited about this new step in my walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment